1. Server Requirements
- PHP >= 7.2.3
- OpenSSL PHP Extension
- PDO PHP Extension
- Mbstring PHP Extension
- GD PHP Extension
- Fileinfo PHP Extension
2. Configure Database
Login to cPanel and create a brand new database that will be used for Worksuite installation.
You can check this tutorial on how to setup MySQL database in cPanel if you are not familiar with how to configure a database if you are not using cPanel the best is to perform few types of research how to create the database via your active control panel.
- Login to cPanel by accessing www.yourdomain.com/cpanel and navigate go MySQL Databases, note that this step may vary and in some hosting providers can be different.
- Create database.
- Create a user and set up the user password. (write down the username and the password because needs to be re-used later)
- Add the user to the database by selecting the database and the username.
- Make sure you have checked All privileges when adding the user to the database.
3. Upload files to the server and Installation
Upload the files to the server folder where Worksuite will be installed.
- Assume that you uploaded the files to “pms” folder, navigate to Eq. http://yourdomain.com/pms/public/install
- Keep in mind that you need to adjust the URL based on where you uploaded the files. If you are installing on subdomain named eq pms you need to access the URL like http://pms.yourdomain.com/public/install.
- If none of the above links works then try to open http://yourdomain.com/pms/public/index.php/install
- Enter the database credentials you configured in step 1 (configure database) and click Next Step button
If the database connection is successful you will be passed to the latest step otherwise please re-check your credentials and hostname. (usually, the hostname is localhost but you should check with your hosting provider)
3. Check your server requirements are met
4. Change the directory permission to 775 for the mentioned directories.
5. Your application should be installed successfully. Click the Exit button to redirect to the login page.
6. To remove public from URL check this link
Default admin login details
---------------------------------- Installation Completed----------------------------
4. After Installation Setup
Setup SMTP details
Add your SMTP details from Admin panel Settings -> Notification Settings -> Email Settings
Setup Company Settings
Update your company details in Admin panel Settings -> Company Settings
Setup Profile Settings
Update your profile details in Admin panel Settings -> Profile Settings
5. Optional Setup & Information
Setup Payment Gateway Credentials
Setup Invoice Settings
Setup invoice prefix, invoice template, default no of due days
Setup GST number and invoice terms text
Setup Ticket Settings
Manage Ticket agents - Admin can assign the tickets to these agents.
Manage Ticket types - Admin can categorize the tickets to different types.
Manage Ticket channels - Admin can select the source through which a ticket is generated.
Manage Reply Templates - Reply templates are the frequent text replies which you can use during the ticket conversations.
Setup Attendance Settings
Setup office start and end time and the working days. The employee will be allowed to clock-in during these days and time only
Set the half-day mark time - If employee clock-in after this time then half day will be marked automatically
Set late mark minutes - If employee clock-in after the set no of minutes from the office's start time then Late will be marked automatically.
Admin can enable the clock-in radius and IP restrictions for employee's clock-ins
Setup Leave Settings
Manage leave types with color codes and number of leaves allowed for each type. These color codes will be visible when an employee will apply for the leave.
Select whether to count leaves from the start of year or employee's date of joining
Setup Module Settings
Enable/Disable the modules for the admin, employee or client
Setup Roles & permissions
There are 3 default roles - Admin, Employee, and Client. You cannot make any changes in these roles.
If you want to allow more permissions to the employee then you will have to create new roles with required permissions and then assign that role to the employee.
There are few permissions that are visible to an employee even if you do not assign them. You can see an icon (i) in front of them.
Setup Message Settings
By default admin <--> employee or employee <--> employee chat is allowed
Admin can enable chat between employee <--> client and admin <--> client
Setup Storage Settings
Add new Language or add Translations
To add new language check this link
Enable languages - Go to Admin panel Settings -> Language Settings and enable languages you want
Add translations - Go to Admin panel Settings -> Language Settings and click the Translate button
When you have imported your translation (via buttons), you can view them in the web-interface. You can click on a translation and an edit field will popup. Just click save and it is saved :) When a translation is not yet created in a different locale, you can also just edit it to create it.
Using the buttons on the web interface, you can import/export the translations. For publishing translations, make sure your application can write to the language directory.
Admin can select whether to log time for a project or a task. By default, time is logged fr a project.
Push notification settings
Go to Admin panel Settings -> Notification Settings -> Push Notifications. Check the video for setup.